- Reducing amount generated
Our services include planning and implementation of recycling programs, electronic waste collection, waste tire collection, public education regarding solid waste issues, etc.
Faulkner County Solid Waste Management District is not a trash service provider.
The Faulkner County Solid Waste District is one of 18 Regional Solid Waste Districts in Arkansas. The Solid Waste Districts are overseen by the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality. Districts are tasked with certain responsibilities and duties by State Law. These include:
- Collecting, studying and evaluating data regarding the solid waste needs of all localities within the District
- Formulate plans for providing adequate solid waste management
- Make recommendations to local governments on solid waste management issues
- Review applications for Certificates of Need for solid waste disposal facilities
- Monitor compliance of all solid waste permit holders with State and District regulations
- Provide public notice of and participation in any findings or rulings of the board
- Encourage recycling by District citizens, businesses, industries and governments
The District is managed by the District Board. Our Board consists of mayors and other officials from each of the First Class cities in Faulkner County as well as the County Judge.