The District office will be closed Monday, February 18th. The recycling routes will be run as usual.
The Faulkner County Solid Waste Management District is a governmental agency
responsible for assisting municipalities, businesses and citizens within Faulkner
County with management of solid waste. The District supports integrated solid
waste management options to safely and effectively manage municipal solid waste.
Municipal solid waste includes all the garbage created by households, commercial
sites (restaurants, offices, stores), and institutions (schools, museums, libraries).
An integrated waste management system focuses on the following concepts:
- Reducing amount generated
Our services include planning and implementation of recycling programs, electronic
waste collection, waste tire collection, public education regarding solid waste
The Faulkner County Solid Waste District is one of 18 Regional Solid Waste
Districts in Arkansas. The Solid Waste Districts are overseen by the Arkansas
Department of Environmental Quality. Districts are tasked with certain responsibilities
and duties by State Law. These include:
- Collecting, studying and evaluating data regarding the solid waste needs of all
localities within the District
- Formulate plans for providing adequate solid waste management
- Make recommendations to local governments on solid waste management issues
- Review applications for Certificates of Need for solid waste disposal facilities
- Monitor compliance of all solid waste permit holders with State and District regulations
- Provide public notice of and participation in any findings or rulings of the board
- Encourage recycling by District citizens, businesses, industries and governments
The District is managed by the District Board. Our Board consists of mayors
and other officials from each of the First Class cities in Faulkner County as well
as the County Judge.